Black Mold Health Effects

We have been talking about the dangers of black molds. How serious can the effects be to your health and your family members, too?

mycotoxin black mold
Mycotoxin in black mold is a health hazard.

Black mold health effects to human are considered alarming especially when a person is exposed to high levels of mycotoxins. Mycotoxin is a toxic compound excreted by black molds. High levels of mycotoxins can cause neurological problems and in few cases can lead to death of the affected person.

Toxic black mold can also cause other serious health problems such as breathing problems, damage to internal organs, vision and eye problems, immune system weakening, circulatory symptoms, skin problems, immune system problems as well as tiredness and discomfort.

It’s the mycotoxins!

Trichothecene mycotoxins emitted by toxic black mold are considered neurotoxic which suggest that these particles can damage neurons in the brain and can seriously affect the mental ability of the person. Mycotoxins can also cause some disorders in the nervous system of a person including tremors and may even result to personality changes such as irritability and mood swings. Some black mold health effects or symptoms that may suggest a person could have inhaled mycotoxins are confusion, shock, depression, trembling, dizziness, disorientation, hallucinations, impaired learning ability, aggression, brain fog, a difficulty in concentrating as well as slow reflexes.

The mycotoxins and spores from the toxic black mold can enter the body through inhaling. The mycotoxins upon entry into the respiratory system can cause irritation and a burning sensation in the air ducts including the mouth, throat and nasal cavity. These mycotoxins can also adhere and accumulate in the mucus membranes, lungs and sinuses. Eventually they cause breathing problems, a burning feeling and even bleeding in the lungs which are considered alarming black mold health effects.

Mycotoxins may also be absorbed by the body  through the skin and the eyes, finding its way into the blood. Entry of mycotoxins into the blood can cause damage to the heart, blood clot and internal or external hemorrhage.

Here are a few symptoms when mycotoxins mixes with blood:

  • irregular heartbeat
  • low blood pressure
  • vomiting of blood
  • bleeding tendency
  • heart inflammation
  • bleeding in the brain
  • bone marrow disruption
  • dermatitis, jaundice and crawling skin
  • Symptoms of Black Mold ExposureThe symptoms associated with black mold exposure are varied and can range from mild reactions to more severe or potentially life threatening illnesses. Many of the more common black mold symptoms are hard to distinguish from other common ailments such as allergies, the cold, or flu. Unlike allergies or colds, the symptoms from black mold ... Read more
  • Dangers of Black MoldUntreated household toxic black mold can cause serious health problems such as breathing problems, damage to internal organs leading to death as well as mental impairment. Black mold can also cause other serious organ effects such as circulatory symptoms, skin problems such as skin inflammation, vision and eye problems, reproductive system ailments, weakening of immune ... Read more
  • Mold Allergy SymptomsA person can experience mold allergy symptoms at any time of the year. These mold allergy symptoms can get worse especially in a damp weather as molds love the excessive moisture. Molds are fungi that can release spores in the air. By releasing these spores, they are able to reproduce and multiply especially in areas ... Read more
  • Why Is Mold Harmful?Mold is usually not a problem outside the house, but exposure to household mold or indoor mold should be a cause for concern. Mold is a  fungus that can virtually grow anywhere, as long as there is adequate moisture and appropriate temperature. Exposure to mold is inevitable but there are means of controlling it. Outdoors, ... Read more

Leave a comment