Household mold is dangerous to your health and it is wise for households to properly remove the mold. This article will provide you with some Household mold removal tips, tricks, and procedures so it can save the occupants from unwanted and nasty side effects that could be debilitating.
The following list is a proven and effective household mold removal and remediation process and procedure list that will provide you with some excellent techniques for removing and remediating household mold from wood and other cellulose-based building materials.
Steps and techniques to learning about household mold removal
- If you are like most do it yourselfers of the world the first step is to study, read, and learn all there is about household mold removal. You want to learn about toxic black mold and household mold removal inspection, testing,control and treatment. Do this by buying a book at the book store or reviewing information like this article online. If you get the service Certified Mold Remediator (CMR) you will still need to know this important information so you are informed.
- Preventing mold – locate the water source and fix the issue. If your home seems to have issues with persistent flooding, plumbing leaks, leaky roofing or siding, blocked air-conditioning condensation drain lines, and high indoor humidity, there are definitely dozens of water-intrusion prevention and remediation suggestions you could follow like hiring a plumber or roofer. Unblocking clogged drains and caulking very nicely.
- DIY test for mold procedures – you can purchase a DIY mold test kits at large home improvement and hardware stores or online. You can also have an inexpensive mold inspection performed by a Certified Mold Inspector. Either way you will know and understand the level of mold contamination you may be dealing with.
- Locate all mold and toxic mold infestations that are both hidden and visible. If you have had any type of water damage and suspect you may have a hidden mold problem especially if the wall or building smells moldy, the mold may be hidden. Find it and kill it.
- If you do find mold in a building moving out is the best way but only with the clothes on their backs. After all items have been effectively mold decontaminated they can then get them.
- Important not to cover up the mold by painting it over because mold loves to eat paint.
- Set up containment walls of plastic in mold-afflicted areas to contain the moldy work area and keep the toxic mold spores from being released into the air.
- Once the mold containment walls are installed dry the work area.
- In the mold containment area, a large fan can be used in the window to expel airborne mold pores to exhaust the air outside.
- When you are working inside the mold containment area be sure to always wear effective protective gear such as protective bio-hazard suit, mask, gloves, and a full face breathing respirator mask (such as 3M brand) using an organic vapor cartridge filtration, available from local safety, hardware, and home improvement stores.
- Time to kill the household mold from the surface by one or two wet sprayings or fogging of an effective mold killer.
- After you have successfully kilt the mold and there are no signs of visible surface mold it’s time to remove and to clean off as much surface mold growth, mold stains, and mold odors as possible.
- Eliminate the growth of mold from the wood surfaces that mold has infested.
- Close in the mold-remediated area with mold-free, new building materials that been have carefully inspected to be mold-growth-free.